Bullseye Classes : AR 101 (Basic Operator)
Cost: 50.00 (25.00/Bullseye, 25.00/Instructor)
Age: 18 years or older.
Class Time: 3-4 hours depending on class size
Class Size: 5 student minimum/10 maximum
No Upcoming Classes
AR-15 type rifles have become some of the most popular firearms available to the shooting public. Its customizable nature makes the AR-15 ideal for recreation, hunting, home-defense, or competition.
This is primarily a fundamentals class. Those new to the AR-15 platform will be given the "must have" basics of instruction. This is also a good class for more advanced shooters in terms of reviewing safety and some of the core concepts.
- Safety issues inherent to the AR-15
- Gas impingement vs. gas piston, pros and cons
- Single point/two point slings, advantages and disadvantages
- Maintenance and cleaning
- Basic marksmanship (trigger control, grip, stance)
- Sight adjustment and zeroing (based upon the students optics)
- Resolving malfunctions
- Quality AR-15 rifle:
- Piston or Gas
- Chambered in 5.56mm/.223 (other calibers by instructor approval only)
- Fitted with quality sights (iron preferred but red-dots or scopes are OK)
- 50 rounds minimum (no steel case Wolf, Brown Bear, Tula, etc.)
- 2 Magazines (minimum)
- Ability to carry at least one magazine on the body (pants pocket, belt pouch, vest, etc)
- 4 Dummy Rounds (minimum)
- Comfortable attire